Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I made this blog as a way to start posting my (objectively terrible) 3D art. I'm a programmer by trade and wanted to start doing 3D sculpts/hardsurface 3D, however I'm not very good at it. I get disheartened quickly and often stop before I've started. I wanted to try and keep at it this time, so I thought making a blog out of it might help.

I'm aiming to do at least one piece of art a day, either a sculpt in Zbrush or something hardsurface in 3DS Max. A lot of my art in Zbrush is just random doodles, I know nothing of anatomy. The last real art piece I did was probably in middle school. Along the way I want to move on from random doodles to full blown art pieces, but that's quite a ways ahead of me. I usually spend about an hour on my sculpts each because I don't have that much free time.


I started this sculpt off as a D&D beholder then went my own way. It didn't turn out perfect, and next time I know to put the mouth/teeth as their own subtools because painting them was almost impossible.

The eye is quite off because it was too low poly for polypainting to be effective, so it isn't round at all. I'll fix that next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment